International Orders - Customs, Duties, Fees
Please be aware that all international parcels may be subject to import taxes, duties, brokerage or customs fees upon delivery, and are the responsibility of the customer. We do not determine these rates and encourage you to check with your local government before ordering to determine what you are likely to owe. We cannot change the shipping information on the customs forms. We also cannot control or prevent any delays within customs. If you refuse duties or fees on your package and choose to have it sent back to Re-Mix, any handling fees charged to our account to retrieve the package will be deducted from your refund.
Once a package has entered the destination country and arrived at the local post office, it is likely the package will be held until customs fees are paid. Please track your package to see when your package has arrived at your local post office. We are not responsible for shipping fees if a package is sent back to us due to lack of customs payment.
Occasionally, international shipments experience unexpected delays due to weather or other issues with the post office. In such instances, we ask that you please allow up to six weeks for delivery. If your tracking information has not updated or you have not received your shoes, please contact us!
We cannot reimburse customs fees for returns or exchanges. You may follow the procedure for recouping taxes and duties in the recipient country. If you would like more information regarding customs fees, please contact your local Post Office.
Country specific information:
The links below are for informational purposes only and we cannot guarantee their accuracy. If you have useful information to share from your country that you think we should add here, please let us know!
- We suggest you read this article about self-clearing your shipment to avoid excessive brokerage fees: Self Clearing with CBSA. While it only seems to be an issue occasionally, it's useful to know if it happens to you! (At this point in time we've only had a customer report this issue with UPS. If we hear of others, we will try to provide relevant information for those carriers as well.)
- When a USPS package reaches the UK it is handled over to ParcelForce. Entering your tracking number on their website may yield more accurate results. When it firsts arrives, there will be one delivery attempted where the courier will attempt to collect import duties. If no one is available to pay the duties, the package will be taken to customs for holding and a letter will be mailed to that effect. Re-delivery is not attempted until customs charges have been paid.
- Claim form for repayment or remission of Import duty, CAP charges, ADD charges, VAT and Excise Duty paid on rejected imports
- Form for recouping duties and VAT on returns
- Shipments that exceed 1000 AUD incur additional import duties and seem to take longer to get through customs. We suggest breaking up a very larger order into smaller orders to expedite delivery.